The NF-S12A marks the third generation of Noctua’s signature S12 series quiet case fans, which have received more than 250 awards and recommendations from the international press. Featuring a further refined blade design with Anti-Stall Knobs that works in tandem with the new AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimisation) frame, the NF-S12A improves the airflow/noise efficiency of its renowned predecessor by up to 8%. The PWM version sports Noctua’s custom designed NE-FD1 IC for fully automatic speed control via 4-pin fan headers and comes with a Low-Noise-Adaptor to reduce the maximum speed during PWM control from 1200 to 900rpm. Its superb running smoothness, SSO2 bearing and Noctua’s trusted premium quality make it an elite choice for quiet case cooling.
Award-winning S12 design
- The NF-S12A features the third evolution of Noctua’s classic Straight Blade Design that has earned its S12 series countless recommendations from hardware journalists and enthusiasts around the world. Further optimised for even better airflow/noise efficiency, it makes the NF-S12A an ideal quiet case fan.
- The NF-S12A’s Anti-Stall Knobs reduce flow separation phenomena in medium to high impedance situations and thereby increase the fan’s stall margin. This means that the NF-S12A is even more versatile than its renowned predecessor and can achieve better performance on heatsinks and radiators.
- Noctua’s AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimisation) frames feature integrated anti-vibration pads as well as Noctua’s proprietary Stepped Inlet Design and Inner Surface Microstructures, both of which further refine the fan’s performance/noise efficiency.
- Noctua’s Stepped Inlet Design adds turbulence to the influx in order to facilitate the transition from laminar flow to turbulent flow, which reduces tonal intake noise, improves flow attachment and increases suction capacity, especially in space restricted environments.
- With the tips of the fan blades ploughing through the boundary layer created by the Inner Surface Microstructures, flow separation from the suction side of the blades is significantly suppressed, which results in reduced blade passing noise and improved airflow and pressure efficiency.
- Integrated Anti-Vibration Pads made from extra-soft silicone minimise the transmission of minute vibrations while maintaining full compatibility with all standard screws and other mounting systems.
- Supporting fully automatic PWM speed control, the NF-S12A PWM uses Noctua’s novel, custom designed NE-FD1 PWM IC that integrates Smooth Commutation Drive (SCD) technology. By providing smoother torque impulses, SCD suppresses PWM switching noises and thus makes the fan quieter at low speeds.
- The NF-S12A PWM is supplied with a Low-Noise Adaptor (L.N.A.) that reduces the maximum fan speed from 1200 to 900rpm. The L.N.A can be used either to run the fan at a fixed speed of 900rpm or to cap the maximum speed when using automatic PWM control.
- The fan’s short 20cm primary cable minimises cable clutter in typical applications while the supplied 30cm extension provides extended reach when necessary. Both cables are fully sleeved and a 4-pin y-cable allows to connect a second fan to the same PWM fan header for automatic control.
- The NF-S12A features the further optimised second generation of Noctua’s renowned, time-tested SSO bearing. With SSO2, the rear magnet is placed closer to the axis to provide even better stabilisation, precision and durability.
- In order to guarantee the highest possible degree of manufacturing precision, minimum tolerance and excellent long-term stability, the NF-S12A sports a CNC milled bearing shell made entirely from brass.
|Air Flow:||107,5 m³/h|
|Airflow with L.N.A.:||83,2 m³/h|
|Blade Geometry:||S-Series with Anti-Stall Knobs|
|Frame Technology:||AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimisation)|
|Includes:||Low-Noise Adaptor (L.N.A.), 4-Pin Y-Cable, 30cm Extension Cable, 4 Vibration-Compensators, 4 Fan Screws|
|Input Current:||0,12 A|
|Input Power:||1,44 W|
|MTBF:||> 150.000 h|
|Speed:||1200 RPM +/- 10%, 300 RPM PWM|
|Static Pressure with L.N.A.:||0,73 mm H2O|
|Static Pressure:||1,19 mm H2O|
|Voltage / Amperage:||12 V|
|Dimensions:||120 mm x 120 mm x 25 mm|
Noctua NF-S12A PWM Fan 120 mm x 25mm
- Brand: Noctua
- Product Code: NFS12A PWM
- Availability: In Stock